Friday, February 05, 2010

t-Shirt dress


t-Shirt dress
Originally uploaded by jheitzeb1
Been thinking about showing some love to family for Valentine's Day. As a person gets older it is often hard to do some of the things, you did when younger. I used to sew clothes for my entire family in my earlier days.

I had some Valentine's print fabric that I had purchased a year ago to make a twirly skirt for my granddaughters. As time was running short again this year, I decided to try a quick t-shirt dress. I purchased a t-shirt from Target and added two rows of gathered layers of different material to the bottom of the t-shirt.

Presto Magic! A nice dress for the little one. It was considerably faster to make and actually allowed me to design my own pattern and utilize some creativity. The older granddaughter has passed the age of 'fancy', so I purchased something for her that was not 'pink' or 'fancy'. Alas, they grow up so fast and days of wearing dresses soon pass for convenience and comfort.



It was also nice to use the high tech sewing machine that I purchased several years ago.  I had made a couple of personalized, monogrammed computer laptop bags, several purses, and fun stuff after first purchasing it.   Having a machine that threads itself, a convenient bobbin winder, and numerous built in stitches and so many extras, not available on my 'old Singer' of days gone by, has been a joy to use.  Ah, technology ... don't you love it ... progress ...

No comments: